January 3, 2012

Drop Cloth Decorating & Share the Love Link Party #44!


I'm just beginning to get into the drop cloth decorating trend. My first project was to cover some fall-themed pillows with a neutral cover for winter. My little pillow slipcovers are the perfect pale winter touch!



I like everything about this fabric. It's a warm shade of white--almost beige. The texture is so pretty and it gets even better when you wash it. It becomes softer to the touch and straight out of the dryer, it looks perfectly comfortable and aged... in a good way.

I am definitely a drop cloth baby... there are so many other great examples on the web that I admire and have added to my Pinterest board so that I can save these great ideas easily. This couch from Designer Garden looks so comfortable and welcoming.

Designer Garden
The office chair from Cozy Cottage Slipcovers is so pretty; I want one for my home and office chairs!

Cozy Cottage Slipcovers for Kathryn Bechen

The Lettered Cottage
 Then there's these gorgeous draperies from The Lettered Cottage. All of the projects are fabulous, I can't wait to make something else with dropcloths.

I did pre-wash my drop cloths twice {from Home Depot}in hot water with 1/2 a cup of Oxi Clean. I put them in the dryer on high heat as well. I didn't iron them before I began to sew them. I love the soft wrinkled texture that they have straight out of the dryer. There are a lot of tutorials on the web; I found some great information on Miss Mustard Seed's blog.

Of course it's almost Wednesday, so I'm ready to get the Share the Love Link Party started!



Link up the best of your blog and be sure to link back to the party with a button or text link. If your post has been removed because there wasn't a link back, add the button below or a text link and link up again. Most importantly... mingle... click around the other links and find yourself some fabulous new blogs to visit!



Button

sig trans





Pin It!
Related Posts with Thumbnails